Sunday, December 9, 2007

.
.
Somewhere around the second and third month of this ordeal I would have the same thought go through my head every night as I pulled up my covers and went to bed. I would think:
.
"I'm steering this ship."
.
It's such an unusual thought for me to have. It's a phrase that I would not think myself to use.
.
Basically what I was meaning was that I am in charge on my own of my children, my house, our lives. All the choices for their care present and future, are mine alone. It's a big responsibility to be thrust into. I know that I am not alone, that there are single mothers everywhere. I know it's not impossible, but I was feeling the weight of it every night before I closed my eyes.
.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Robin.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I cant think of the right way to put it except that my mom raised me on her own and with help from the rest of the family. If she can do it so can you..
love you