Tuesday, July 22, 2008

.
July 22nd was the last day I saw my husband alive.

It was a Sunday.

He left the kids and me at camp that evening to go home to work the next day. It was a beautiful day and my family sat on the deck for a long time talking. It was the kind of day when no one wants to leave, when people stay way later than they intended, and get home late after the long drive.

Joe and I sat on the steps next to each other while we were on the deck. There is a very short video that my sister JoAnn took of us sitting there. I don't know why she felt the need to video at that time, but I found it on my camera after the accident. It is the last moments that we were ever together.

Soon after he left, he realized he had forgotten to take Alyssa's car seat out of his truck. So he drove back into the driveway and dropped it off to my car.

My last vision of him is of him walking away from me toward his truck, with his head turned looking at me, and his lips in the air. Blowing me a kiss goodbye.

No comments: