Thursday, August 30, 2007

Monument

Today I had to go to the monument place to figure out what kind of stone to put at the cemetery. The whole thing is just unbelievable.....these things that I am doing....I keep thinking to myself....this is CRAZY that I am doing this. How can I be sitting at a monument place deciding what should be written at Joe's grave? It's all just completely insane. The last thing I want is to see his name written in stone with dates next to it. So I don't know. I think I pretty much decided to get a granite bench, and just have "Chalifour" on it. Later on I can figure out what I want for a "marker" as it's called (a flat piece of stone with his name/dates/saying or whatever). I think a bench might be good though. That will alleviate the matted down patch of grass where I've been sitting. Word is probably circulating through town..."who's that crazy lady in the cemetery?".

3 comments:

Steph said...

I think a granite bench would be very nice.
I'm sorry you have to do all these things Robin. It IS crazy.

Kim said...

Robin, I am not trying to be funny here. I wish you could put a granite harley. I think Joe would get a kick out of that. And as far as the dates: there should be two sets of dates. May 4, 1970-July 25th, 2007.

And then, July 25, 2007-forever in our hearts.

You are an amzing person Robin.

Katie said...

I think the granite bench idea is a very, very nice touch. Because you are such a thoughtful person who puts "some Robin" into everything you do, I'm sure it will all be beautifully done.